Recognized for the third consecutive year as an exceptional place to work
TORONTO, Nov. 27, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC (CM: TSX) (CM: NYSE) was once again named one of the Greater Toronto Area's Top Employers for 2014 by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
"We are very proud to be recognized for a third consecutive year as one of the top employers in the GTA," said Jacqueline Moss, Executive Vice-President, CIBC. "We're committed to creating an inclusive, dynamic and rewarding work environment for our employees that enables them to provide superior service to our clients and makes CIBC an employer of choice."
Companies were evaluated by Mediacorp, the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers, on the same eight criteria used in the national competition: physical workplace; work atmosphere and social; health, financial and family benefits; vacation and time off; employee communications; performance management; training and skills development; and, community involvement.
Other recognitions that CIBC has received for its industry-best practices in the past year include:
- One of Canada's Best Workplaces by the Great Place to Work® Institute;
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2014 by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Top Employers for Young People by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and a Best Employer for New Canadians by Mediacorp;
- The strongest bank in Canada and North America and the third-strongest bank in the world by Bloomberg Markets magazine;
- Among the Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- A recipient of three innovation awards for the CIBC Mobile Payment App from ACT Canada;
- One of Interbrand's 25 Best Canadian Brands;
- Named one of Canada's best 50 corporate citizens by Corporate Knights; and,
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the 12th consecutive year.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada, and has offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Media Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.
Media contact: Kevin Dove, Head of External Communications, 416-980-8835, or firstname.lastname@example.org.