13 investment pools, from traditional to alternative assets, leverage international expertise
TORONTO, May 16, 2016 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) -- CIBC Asset Management Inc. today launched the Renaissance Private Investment Program (RPIP), a tailor-made solution built to fit the needs of today's affluent investors. The program includes 13 investment pools, from traditional to alternative assets, leveraging specialized investment management from across the globe.
"We are excited to introduce a program that is designed to meet the needs of affluent investors," says David Scandiffio, President, CIBC Asset Management. "Financial advisors can now truly customize portfolios to offer their clients personalized, innovative solutions to address their unique needs—from wealth preservation and tax efficiency to currency hedging and flexible pricing. Our open architecture structure also offers access to leading international investment expertise."
RPIP offers customizable, innovative solutions
Investors gain from a multi-style approach that adds multiple levels of diversification to investment pools for an optimized balance between risk and return. The program offers many benefits, including:
- A comprehensive range of asset classes, including non-traditional investments such as real assets and infrastructure debt, along with multi-sector fixed income pools.
- Advisors can create customized portfolios from the program's various pools, or leverage individual multi-asset balanced pools to enhance the diversification of existing high-net-worth portfolios.
- Income generation, tax efficiency, U.S. dollar investing and currency hedging.
- Larger investments can benefit from management fee reductions (MFRs), accessible starting at the $250,000 level, back to the first dollar invested.
- Family account linking allows immediate family members, including those not residing at the same address, to access the program and MFRs sooner.
- RPIP's flexibility allows advisors to engage with the program in ways that make sense for their business, offering competitive pricing and options for both commission and fee-based advisory business models. Negotiated dealer service fees also give advisors increased flexibility to meet affluent client needs.
CIBC Asset Management partners with specialized investment managers
Investment sub-advisors joining the Renaissance family of funds with the new program are DoubleLine Capital LP, Brookfield Investment Management Inc., Western Asset Management Company and Principal Global Investors, LLC.
Visit RPIP.ca to learn more about Renaissance Private Investment Program.
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution with 11 million personal banking and business clients. Through our three major business units – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada with offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC on our corporate website at www.cibc.com/ca/media-centre/.
About CIBC Asset Management
CIBC Asset Management, Inc. the asset management subsidiary of CIBC, provides a range of high-quality investment management services and solutions to retail and institutional investors. Offerings include: a comprehensive platform of mutual funds, strategic managed portfolio solutions, discretionary investment management services for high-net-worth individuals, and portfolio management for institutional clients. CIBC Asset Management is one of Canada's largest asset management firms, with over $110 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2016.