Enhanced product suite includes U.S. dollar chequing and savings accounts and U.S. Aventura Travel Rewards Credit Card
TORONTO, May 22, 2018 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) announced today the new CIBC Bank USA Smart™ Account, a flexible-fee U.S. based account that allows Canadian clients to transact in U.S. dollars south of the border. From receiving U.S. payroll deposits, to paying U.S. bills, making purchases, writing cheques and sending peer-to-peer transfers, Canadian clients can transact how they want, anywhere in the U.S. – and can simply open the account online.
The new CIBC Bank USA Smart™ Account lets clients:
- Bank wherever they are, including online and through mobile
- Pay U.S. bills online, including U.S. based credit cards
- Write U.S. dollar cheques
- Deposit U.S. dollar cheques with the CIBC US Mobile Banking® App, at CIBC Bank USA ATMs and at Banking Centres in the U.S.
- Use their CIBC Bank USA debit card to make online and in-store purchases with retailers in the U.S. and around the world.
- Withdraw cash from U.S. ATMs
"Following our recent expansion in the U.S., we are able to do more for our clients who work, travel, study or reside in the U.S. at various times of the year, giving them the flexibility to bank with CIBC on both sides of the border," said Mike Donovan, Senior Vice President, Personal and Small Business Banking, CIBC. "These expanded services mean that Canadian clients can seamlessly move funds between their Canadian and U.S. accounts with CIBC to better manage their banking."
CIBC is also enhancing its existing USD savings account and USD credit card.
- CIBC's USD credit card is now offered as the new CIBC U.S. Dollar Aventura® Gold Visa Card. Current cardholders have automatically been switched over to the new card and are earning Aventura Points for travel and rewards on all purchases. Clients are able to combine points across their Aventura branded credit cards. They are also enjoying new features including purchase protection and extended warranty and collision insurance on car rentals all for the same low annual fee of $35.
- The interest-bearing, no monthly fee CIBC US$ Personal Account now offers real-time FX rates for transfers between CAD and USD accounts, as well as for making real time payments to the CIBC U.S. Dollar Aventura® Gold Visa* Card. This allows clients to transact quickly and conveniently online while receiving live conversion rates.
These solutions coincide with the launch of CIBC Bank USA's new digital high interest CIBC Agility™ Savings Account available for U.S. citizens. Leveraging an existing online and mobile platform, the Agility account extends the bank's opportunity to reach new clients and drive increased retail presence in key U.S. markets.
"Our bank is committed to delivering innovative financial services, from flexible cross-border banking for Canadian clients to a competitive high interest digital savings account for U.S. residents. These are part of our continuing efforts to meet a wide and evolving range of client needs across North America," added Mr. Donovan.
For more information visit www.cibc.com/crossborderbanking.
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution with 11 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. Across Personal and Small Business Banking, Commercial Banking and Wealth Management, and Capital Markets businesses, CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services through its leading digital banking network, and locations across Canada, in the United States and around the world. Ongoing news releases and more information about CIBC can be found at https://cibc.mediaroom.com/.
SOURCE Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce