Less time in lineups, airport lounge access and enhanced insurance coverage now available at no extra cost as CIBC Aventura's new card benefits go live
TORONTO, Oct. 22, 2018 /CNW/ - CIBC -- (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) -- Almost half of all Canadians (49%) are planning to travel for vacation in the next 12 months but many find parts of the experience stressful or are left wanting more, according to a CIBC survey.
Nearly all respondents (93%) said they would love to get through security and customs more quickly. And most (74%) would like to have access to airport lounges but (54%) think that is unattainable.
"For travellers and vacationers, the journey starts well before they board a plane. We've looked at some of the most common needs and challenges, from beginning of the trip to the end and found ways to help clients put their minds at ease and enjoy the experience," says CIBC's Prashant Sharma, Senior Vice-President of Cards.
Other factors weighing on Canadians' travel experience according to the survey include the theft or loss of money and credit cards, which they cite among their top concerns. As for the least enjoyable aspects of vacation planning, respondents point to price shopping or making last minute changes in the event of a cancellation or emergency.
Responding to the needs of Canadians who love to travel, CIBC has added new perks and insurance coverage to its premium Aventura® cards at no additional cost. The new and continuing cardholder benefits available now include:
- Airport lounge access: with a Priority Pass™ membership, get access to 1,200+ airport lounges across the globe and kick back with 4 complimentary lounge entries per year
- Less time in lineups – more time travelling: receive a rebate on your NEXUS* application fee and you could enjoy smoother crossings at the US-Canada border
- New mobile device insurance and more: travel with even greater coverage including mobile device insurance (coverage up to $1,000 for lost, stolen or accidentally damaged devices – at home or away); hotel burglary insurance and improved trip cancellation insurance
- Personalized trip planning: the Aventura Travel Assistant is available 24 hours a day to assist with trip planning and the unexpected
- Flexible Points: use Aventura points for any airline, any flight
"Canadians want to get the most out of each trip," says Mr. Sharma. "Aventura's enhanced card benefits are meeting this demand and helping give clients a frictionless, memorable travel experience."
For details on CIBC Aventura and corresponding card benefits visit cibc.com/thetravellerscard
On October 3, 2018 an online survey of 1525 randomly selected Canadian adults who are Maru Voice Canada panelists was executed by Maru/Blue. For comparison purposes, a probability sample of this size has an estimated margin of error (which measures sampling variability) of +/- 2.5%, 19 times out of 20. The results have been weighted by education, age, gender and region (and in Quebec, language) to match the population, according to Census data. This is to ensure the sample is representative of the entire adult population of Canada. Discrepancies in or between totals are due to rounding.
* Official mark and/or trademark of Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, used under license
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution with 11 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. Across Personal and Small Business Banking, Commercial Banking and Wealth Management, and Capital Markets businesses, CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services through its leading digital banking network, and locations across Canada, in the United States and around the world. Ongoing news releases and more information about CIBC can be found at www.cibc.com/en/about-cibc/media-centre.html.
SOURCE Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce