CIBC helps make a young girl's musical dreams come true at a special Make-A-Wish surprise reveal
HALIFAX, Dec. 1, 2014 /CNW/ - CIBC (CM: TSX) (CM: NYSE) On Wednesday, December 3rd, world-acclaimed singer-songwriters Alan Doyle and Joel Plaskett along with Olympic Bronze Medallist and World Champion rower Mark de Jonge will join CIBC employees to help raise millions for kids-in-need at a special breakfast event marking the 30th annual CIBC Miracle Day. All money raised by CIBC employees in the community stays in their community.
|WHEN:||Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014 9 am - 10 am|
|Remarks begin at 9:15 am|
|Make-A-Wish Reveal at 9:40 am|
- Alan Doyle, folk rock musician and actor
- Joel Plaskett, rock musician
- Mark de Jonge, Olympic Bronze Medallist, World Champion, CIBC Team Next mentor
- Kayla, 5, Make-A-Wish recipient
- Daphne Carter, CEO, Make-A-Wish Atlantic Provinces
- Dionne Izzard, Manager of Major Gifts, IWK Foundation
- Stephen Maltby, Executive Director, Atlantic Canada, CIBC Wood Gundy
WHAT: Celebrating 30 years of helping make miracles happen for children:
- Special Make-A-Wish Surprise Reveal to Kayla, a five-year-old from Memramcook, NB being treated for lymphoma at IWK Health Centre
- $250,000 pledge to the IWK Children's Hospital from local-area CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisors to fund a new Isolation Area for the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
WHERE: Marriott Hotel, 1919 Upper Water St., Halifax - The Sable Room
Media wishing to attend are encouraged to RSVP to Diana Spremo at 416-780-7485 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution with nearly 11 million personal banking and business clients. Through our three major business units - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada with offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Media Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.
About CIBC Miracle Day
CIBC Miracle Day is the annual flagship fundraising event for the CIBC Children's Foundation. On CIBC Miracle Day, CIBC's wholesale banking employees and CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisors donate their fees and commissions to organizations that support kids in our communities. Through the efforts of employees and clients $4.6 million was raised in 2013, for a total of nearly $74 million donated to hundreds of children's charities across Canada since 1984. To learn more, visit www.cibc.com/miracleday.
SOURCE CIBC World Markets Children's Foundation