TORONTO, Nov. 20, 2023 /CNW/ - CIBC today announced that it is now accepting submissions for its 2024 C² Art Program. The C² Art Program is an initiative designed to help emerging artists make their ambitions a reality with a unique paid opportunity to create and curate their art. The completed artwork will then be exhibited for three months at CIBC's headquarters, CIBC SQUARE.
- Applications are open to Canadian artists with two to 10 years of experience.
- Selected artists will each be awarded a grant of $25,000 plus an additional $5,000 for material costs, over a of six-month period.
- During the six-month period, the artists will create a series of works which will be exhibited in a solo exhibition for each artist at CIBC SQUARE.
- Artists will receive an all-expenses paid trip to Toronto to attend the opening reception.
- Application due date: 11:59 am EST, January 3, 2024
"We are excited to announce the second year of our C² Art Program," said Claudette Knight, Vice-President, Workplace Design and Experience, CIBC. "By investing in these artists and providing a space to exhibit their work, we continue to support our commitment to fostering the ambitions of the creative community."
Last year's winners were Toronto, ON-based interdisciplinary artist, curator and designer, Maya Skarzenski and London, ON-based artist and educator, Mike Pszczonak.
CIBC invites all artists interested in submitting their artwork for selection to learn more by visiting the CIBC C2 Art website.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 13 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. Across Personal and Business Banking, Commercial Banking and Wealth Management, and Capital Markets businesses, CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services through its leading digital banking network and locations across Canada, with offices in the United States and around the world. Ongoing news releases and more information about CIBC can be found at www.cibc.com/ca/media-centre.