Earn points faster, redeem for business class seats on any airline and enjoy a $200 travel credit annually among other benefits
TORONTO, Nov. 8, 2019 – CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) today announced the launch of its new CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card designed for travellers seeking superior experiences at every stage of their journey. The sleek, metal card elevates premium travel with business class seat redemption on any airline, faster rewards accumulation, a $200 annual travel credit, NEXUS◊ application fee rebates, enhanced insurance benefits and access to more than 1, 200 airport lounges across the globe.
“Discerning travellers are looking for personalized, authentic experiences along with elevated comfort, convenience and security. Our new CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card is designed to meet to those needs,” said Lynne Kilpatrick, Head, CIBC Card Products. “By combining exceptional benefits with fast rewards accumulation and personalization, clients can achieve their travel ambitions, having superior end-to-end experiences at home and around the world.”
Aventura® Visa Infinite Privilege Cardholders can look forward to:
- A strong welcome bonus: Earn 50,000 Aventura Points based on qualified spend - that’s up to $1000 towards your next flight.
- Enhanced Business class value: Redeem Aventura points for business class seats on any flight, with any airline.
- Earn points faster and travel sooner: Earn more travel points on a wider range of everyday purchases – from dining out, groceries and transportation, to entertainment – letting you travel faster and more frequently, with:
- 2 points for every $1 spent on eligible dining and entertainment
- 2 points for every $1 spent on eligible transportation, gas and groceries
- 3 points for every $1 spent on travel purchased through the CIBC Rewards Centre
- 1.25 points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Annual travel credit: Every year kickstart your next adventure with a $200 travel credit when you book personalized travel with an Aventura Travel Assistant.
- Get through customs fast: Speed up your border crossings with 2 NEXUS application fee rebates every 4 years.
- Valuable insurance**: Travel with confidence with premium insurance, including mobile device insurance (coverage up to $1,500 for lost, stolen or accidentally damaged devices – at home or away), hotel burglary (up to $2,500) and coverage for emergency travel medical, trip cancellation, trip interruption and trip delay. Some insurance coverage(s) require purchase(s) and other trip costs be charged to the card to activate coverage. Other conditions may also apply.
- Global airport lounge access: Enjoy six lounge visits for you and your travel companions at more than 1,200 airport lounges around the world, with your Priority PassTM Membership.
“CIBC Aventura gives travellers superior travel experiences, from takeoff to destination,” adds Ms. Kilpatrick. “The CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege enhances every moment of a traveller’s journey while earning more from their everyday purchases.”
For details on CIBC Aventura and corresponding card benefits visit cibc.com/AventuraVIP
® Registered trademarks of CIBC or its subsidiaries.
*Visa Int./Licensed User
◊Official mark and/or trademark of Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, used under license
**Insurance coverage(s) included with CIBC credit cards are underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-866-363-3338 in Canada and the U.S. or collect from elsewhere at 905-403-3338 or visit cibccentre.rsagroup.ca.
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. Across Personal and Small Business Banking, Commercial Banking and Wealth Management, and Capital Markets businesses, CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services through its leading digital banking network, and locations across Canada, in the United States and around the world. Ongoing news releases and more information about CIBC can be found at www.cibc.com/en/about-cibc/media-centre.html.
For further information: Kathryn Lawler, Public Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-242-1943.